Lip fillers are injections that add volume to your lips. They’re a type of dermal filler.
Lip fillers consist of synthetic hyaluronic acid (HA) — HA is a natural substance in your body.
Why are lip fillers used?
Lip fillers plump up or restore the volume of your lips. They don’t stop the ageing process, but they can help you avoid more invasive surgical lip augmentation procedures like lip implants or a lip lift. They can also assist you in achieving a desired appearance, which improves your self-esteem.
Lip volume loss can occur over time as a result of a variety of factors, including:
- Damage caused by the sun.
For a variety of reasons, you could want to increase the size of your lips, including:
- Restoring a previous lip size
- Correcting the shape of your lips
- Smoothing wrinkles
- Boosting confidence
- There are many advantages to lip fillers, including:
- They’re safe, and the lip filler procedure is also safe — there’s a low risk of complications or side effects.
- They can boost your self-esteem. They’re reversible. If you’re not happy with how you look, your healthcare provider can inject an enzyme (hyaluronidase) to dissolve your lip filler.
- Bleeding and pain at the injection sites.
- Cold sore reactivation.
- Discolouration or tenderness.
- Tissue death (vascular compromise), which can occur if lip filler is injected into or around an artery.
- Your lips may be of different sizes.